Create and manage an interest
Interests are an excellent way to find out which information is considered interesting by your contacts and which they want to see more of. You can add a list of public interests to your opt-in process, to enable your contacts to indicate if they want to view more of certain information or products when they subscribe. You can also use interests to segment your contacts or use them in a workflow.
How to create and manage interests is described in the article below.
Create an interest
- Go to the Contacts > Interests in your account to create an interest.
- Here, you can see all the interests you have created so far. Next, click Add interest.
- When you create a new interest, you need to enter several details. In the first step, you give your interest a name. This name will only be displayed to you in your account. Next, click Create interest.
- Next, you can set the visibility of this interest. You can opt for:
- Public: your contacts can see this interest on their profile page and subscribe to it or unsubscribe from it.
- Private: your contacts cannot see this interest, and so they cannot subscribe to it or unsubscribe from it.
Private interests are only visible from a Pro subscription. For more information about the various subscriptions and the options they include, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website.
Confirm your choice by clicking Save choice and continue.
Manage an interest
In the overview, you can view which interests you have created, how many contacts have this interest, the visibility, and any comments, such as missing translations.
Click on the name of the interest to view all the management options.
Display and export all interest members
You can display all contacts who are members of a particular interest by creating a segment based on that interest.Learn how to create a segment here.
You can also export all contacts from a segment by clicking on the cog icon and choosing the export option.