Set up an AB test
To set up an AB test, click on the AB testing button at the third page of creating your campaign.
You can now choose one out of four types of AB testing:
- Testing on subject line
- Testing on sender
- Testing on content
- Testing on call to actions (image + link)
After you have chosen one, click Next.
Testing on subject line/sender/content
- The principle of those three types of AB tests is basically the same. You will have the first variant already setup from the information you have filled in in the first steps of creating your campaign. You will need to fill in the second variant - subject line/sender/content, respective to the type of test you have chosen.
- Then, you will need to fill in the number or percentage of contacts who will be your test group.
- Lastly, you will need to select after what period of time a winner would be determined. After that period is over, your campaign will be sent to the remainder of your contacts.
Testing on call to actions (image+link)
- If you choose to set up an AB test on call to actions, first you will see an overview of all call to actions in your message. Click on Manage to set up the images of your test.
- First, you will need to enter a name for your test. Then, click on the Add variant button and select the desired image from your image library. After you have set up an image, you can Preview the message with this variant.
- Lastly, enter the number or percentage of contacts that perform clicking actions as your test group. The image with the most clicks would be the winner. The following contacts will be shown the winning version. Click on Save to save finish the test setup.
Do not remove contacts before the AB testing is completely finished. If you do so, the results in your report will not be accurate!