What are surveys?
Surveys are digital questionnaires that you can create and share with your contacts to fill out. Most commonly, surveys take advantage of multiple choice questions in order to gather as much statistical information as possible, but questions with open answers are also possible. Surveys could be a very convenient way for you to get some feedback from your contacts on various matters, e.g. on your products, services, events, ...
How do surveys work in Flexmail?
All surveys are anonymous by default, but you can change the setting and ask for personal data or you can personalise them by linking certain information of your contacts that you have saved in the Flexmail database to the survey. If you make your survey anonymous, you will not be able to see the email addresses of the participants. Flexmail will take care of saving and processing the results of your surveys, which you can export and print in clarifying reports.
Features of the survey module
- 9 different questions types
- 11 different validation filters applicable to the answers of the survey as well as ability to create your own
- Publish your questions over several pages
- Create various survey scenarios based on the participants' answers
- Personalise the colours, fonts and formatting of each survey
- Personalise the header of your survey with your banner
- Choose the language of the survey's buttons among the contact languages you have chosen for your account
- Surveys may be anonymous or not
- Description per page or per question
- HTML Editor for intro text, questions and closing page
- Surveys available to link in your message as well as via a stand-alone secure weblink for external use
- Real-time reports
- Reporting per campaign or per underlying segment
- Result exports in Excel or CSV files
(Custom) survey settings
After you create a survey, you can edit its settings. You can adjust the language, the layout features of your survey and add your banner. You can also adjust the closing and the notification settings of your survey. We recommend that you take a look at those settings and give your survey a layout similar to your own branding.
How to share surveys?
- Your surveys can be linked to your messages through a text link, an image or a button.
- Flexmail also provides a secured weblink of your surveys for external use. With this option, you can place the link of your surveys on your website.
When using personalisation, you are using the information you have saved in your Flexmail database. But when you share a survey externally, the survey would not be connected to your database. Therefore, personalisation in your survey will not work when you share it via a weblink.
There are three different types of survey reports:
- A report containing all the questions with the answers in percentages.
- A report containing an answer sheet of every individual participant in the survey.
- A report containing the answers of the survey segmented based on the answers of one main question.