Link a survey to a message
One of the ways to share surveys is to link them to your Flexmail messages. With Flexmail you can easily add surveys to your messages through text, images and buttons. We recommend this option if you want to use personalisation in your surveys, as when you share a survey via a weblink the survey will not be connected to your Flexmail database and personalisation will not work.
This article will walk you through a helpful example of linking a survey in all of those three tools - the Drag & Drop Builder, the Wizard Template and the HTML Editor.
Drag & Drop Builder
You can drag and drop a text, an image or a button element onto an empty structure or a predefined structure that includes any of those elements onto the canvas.
- In the Element tab you can find the Text element. Drag and drop it onto the canvas over an empty structure.
- Select the part of your message you want to make into an anchor text for your survey. Then, click on the hyperlink button from the text editor menu.
- A Link pop-up will appear, in which you can select the survey you want to add.
- In the Element tab you can find the Image element. Drag and drop it onto the canvas over an empty structure.
- Next, click on the Image element on the canvas to open the Image properties.
- Click on Link Type and select Surveys. Then, select the desired survey in the drop-down menu below.
- In the Element tab you can find the Button element. Drag and drop it onto the canvas over an empty structure.
- Next, click on the Button element on the canvas to open the Button properties.
- Click on Link type and select Surveys. Then, select the desired survey in the drop-down menu below.
In the Wizard Template, you can add a survey to the personalisation elements Articles and Call to action. Linking a survey works similarly for these two elements.
- Click on the Articles element to expand the Articles options.
- Click on Add an article to start.
- Now you will see a WYSIWYG editor. You can add a survey to the text or images in the editor and to the call to action button at the bottom of the Article properties.
To add a survey to the text or an image, highlight the part of your text or the image you want to make into a survey and click on the hyperlink icon. That will open the Insert/Edit Link pop-up. Here you can choose the survey you want to link to.To add a survey to a button in your article (or call to action element), scroll down to the bottom of your Article properties and give your call to action button a name - Link name. Then click on the Link field, on S for surveys and select the desired survey.
In the HTML Editor, you can add a survey to a piece of text, an image or a button. Linking a survey works similarly for these three elements.
The WYSIWYG HTML Editor does not have a specific option to add a button. In the article about adding a call to action you can discover a helpful example of how to add a button via HTML. However, please note even though you will find an example in that article, we do not provide support for custom HTML code.
- Highlight the item you want to use for your anchor. Then click on the hyperlink button in your WYSIWYG editor.
- That will open the Insert/Edit Link pop-up. Here you can choose the survey you want to link to.
- Check out the Popup, Events and Advanced tab to adjust the appearance of your link. E.g. you can choose for the link to open in a popup or to select an action that happens upon hovering over the link.
- Click on the Insert button to finish linking the survey.